Monday, September 2, 2013

An Introduction from a Suicide Zombie

Hi there. If you are reading this, you probably already know me. If you don't, then I am sorry you stumbled upon my blog--which you almost certainly did on accident--but it may end up entertaining you. And if so, I invite you to continue to read it. If not, well, there's always Reddit.

My name is Beth. My husband's name is Clinton. There are many labels we can apply to ourselves and that others have in the past attributed to us. We've gotten nerds, geeks, gamers, weirdos, and a multitude of others, but the one I most gravitate toward is "dorks". No one really likes being called a dork, because dork carries some negative connotation. Dork implies someone who is so wrapped up in their own interests that they kind of don't fully acknowledge the real world around them. And if I'm being honest, that is entirely Clinton and myself. So, I embrace. We're dorks. Really, really big ones, both figuratively and literally. Ask our families; they'll back me up.

Being the dorks that we are, sometimes the conversations and situations that come up in our lives are a bit out of the norm, and--at least we think--mildly entertaining. Not reality-TV worthy, (if worthy is even an appropriate adjective to describe anything related to reality television), but, you know, might make a similarly-minded person or persons chuckle. And that's all I'm really aiming for here. Partially for other people's amusement, but also to remember the things that happen to us that I actually want to remember and look back on fondly through bifocals one day, (which for Clinton may be sooner rather than later). Because we both, in addition to being dorks, have terrible memories.

So here's us in a nutshell: We like video games, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic a lot. Like, a WHOLE lot. Expect many of these posts to involve one or more of these five things. We've been together for a very long time and thereby are past all the uncomfortable and embarrassing situations other young couples may deal with. For example, I once told Clinton not to hug me too hard, or he'd squeeze a fart out of me. He did so anyway, and lo and behold, I farted. And it was hilarious.

So fine. It's an average blog of some average, slightly dorky couple. Why is it called Suicide Zombies, and why are you referring to yourself as a Suicide Zombie?
Because Suicide Zombies have significance for us, in the form of a story that I think captures us really well.

I was playing Borderlands, (for those playing along, there is thing #1 of the five things I mentioned we really, really like), and Clinton was watching me. Specifically, I was playing the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC pack, and grumbled to myself when an enemy, deemed, "Suicide Zombie" exploded in front of me and heartily damaged me.

They look like this. And they are dicks. 

Clinton shrugged and said, "Well, that's why they're called Suicide Zombies, Beth."
To which I said, "But if they're already dead, is it really suicide?"

That's the kind of crap you may or may not chose to continue reading. That's how we roll--philosophical questions about minor video game enemies are pretty normal for us. So if that's your gig, I'll see you next post. If not, well, thanks for reading this far, I guess.

And for the internet lurking crowd:
TL;DR: Married couple. Dorkfaces. Like? Read.

No comments:

Post a Comment